The Pathways Recent Graduates Program allows recent graduates to enter VA in career positions that emphasize long-term training and development. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic developmental program with potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for one year or more. USAJOBS offers additional information on the Pathways Recent Graduates Program.
Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associate's, bachelor's, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree, or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as many as six years after degree completion to apply.
General Training and Developmental Experiences
The Pathways Recent Graduates program includes:
- An orientation program for Recent Graduates hired into the program
- Mentorship throughout the program
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program
- Opportunities for career advancement